Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
updating DokuWiki On A Stick
ericdp #1
Member since Feb 2009 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: updating DokuWiki On A Stick
I have the latest DokuWiki on a Stick (http://www.splitbrain.org/blog/2008-05/16-dokuwiki_on_a_st…).  It used MicroApache whose website (http://microapache.amadis.sytes.net/) is unavailable.

I really like this setup as it allows me to just have a USB drive that I move take with me when I visit family and friends & not have to lug my laptop (especially through airports...what a waste of taxpayer money...but that is a topic for another show).

My questions are:
  *  Is there work still going on with MicroApache?  I noticed that Apache has upgraded several versions since this was released
  *  PHP has also been upgraded, how do I update the PHP on the USB drive?
  *  This is set up for windows.  Is there a Mac version?  How would I go about using these data files on a Mac version of DokuWiki?
  *  I noticed a thread on this forum for outputing the whole wiki to a standby/offline version.  I would like to just output one page to plain HTML/CSS.  Is this possible?  I'd like to output a page, modify it to remove sidebar, footer, etc and then send it to my brother.

Thanks for any insight and guidance ya'll can provide.

Eric
andi (Administrator) #2
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3520 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Quote by ericdp:
It used MicroApache whose website (http://microapache.amadis.sytes.net/) is unavailable.

The website isn't down. But somehow it seems to be extremly picky about something I can't point my finger on. Might be MTU. I can reach the site from my server through a text browser, but I can not reach it from home via DSL.

Quote by ericdp:
  *  Is there work still going on with MicroApache?  I noticed that Apache has upgraded several versions since this was released

Last update was 30th July 2008, so I'd say yes.

Quote by ericdp:
  *  PHP has also been upgraded, how do I update the PHP on the USB drive?

Download the windows binaries from php.net and replace all exe and dll files with the new ones. Optionally compress them with a exe packer (Micro Apache uses upx).

Or simply get an update from the micro apache site.

Quote by ericdp:
  *  This is set up for windows.  Is there a Mac version?  How would I go about using these data files on a Mac version of DokuWiki?

There's no Micro Apache for Mac. DokuWiki data files don't care for the OS. Just copy them over.

Quote by ericdp:
  *  I noticed a thread on this forum for outputing the whole wiki to a standby/offline version.  I would like to just output one page to plain HTML/CSS.  Is this possible?  I'd like to output a page, modify it to remove sidebar, footer, etc and then send it to my brother.

Append ?do=export_html to the URL to export a single HTML page.
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
ericdp #3
Member since Feb 2009 · 2 posts
Yes, it is very busy.    From work (T-3 lines) and house (cable) I get timed out.  I will have to load lynx onto my mac and see I can get there.

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: "Operation timed out"
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

?do=export_html does the trick! Thanks

Eric
jroeterd #4
Member since Aug 2006 · 16 posts · Location: The Netherlands
From the Netherlands the Microapache website is available. Almost direct.
Just for your information.

Jroeterd
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-02-17, 07:38:53 (UTC +01:00)