Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
Install.php Won't Run: Unmodified Dokuwiki??
Page:  1  2  next 
voodookhan #1
User title: DokuWiki N00b
Member since May 2006 · 7 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Install.php Won't Run: Unmodified Dokuwiki??
I am trying to install the new release candidate and I keep getting the following error when I run install.php:

For security reasons this script will only work with a new and unmodified Dokuwiki installation. You should either re-extract the files from the downloaded package or consult the complete Dokuwiki installation instructions

unrecognised or modified dokuwiki.php (hash=fb1ca60d026bbe4c3c175058369e710b)

Funny thing is that I haven't modified anything. I only extracted the files, updated my webserver, and ran the install.php file. For some bizarre reason it keeps saying that I modified it, when I haven't. Any ideas on how to get rid of this?

Thanks,
VK
voodookhan #2
Just FYI: I went ahead and installed dokuwiki the old way  :-p

However, it would be nice to know the reason why I got this error when I didn't do any modifications to the files.
andi (Administrator) #3
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3509 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
How did you copy the files to your webserver? FTP or Samba? The hash you got there is for a standard DokuWiki config file, but with DOS line ending instead of the usual UNIX ones. Most probably your transfer tool changed the line endings. When transferring the files with FTP make sure you use "binary" transfer.
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
voodookhan #4
Ah I see. I am running Dokuwiki on Windows (not UNIX). So I didn't bother with the FTP-related steps in the instructions. I just downloaded the .tgz file and unzipped to the proper directory on my Windows server. I guess that's where I went wrong (?)

Thanks for the help.
sapguy #5
Member since Nov 2006 · 2 posts
Subject: * unrecognised or modified dokuwiki.php (hash=fb1ca60d026bbe4c3c175058369e710b)
Hi

Read a review of DocuWIKI and it sounds great. Reviewing a few WIKI currently.

Just followed the install procedure:
- Unzip (WinZIP - on Win XP)
- FTP - Binary (SmartFTP)
- CHMOD (LINUX - WebHost is ThirdSphereHosting and have installed quite a few php packages including MediaWIKI)
- install.php

Error:
    * unrecognised or modified dokuwiki.php (hash=fb1ca60d026bbe4c3c175058369e710b)

Not modified the files.

I am not versed in PHP but can follow simple instructions if necessary  :-/

Any help would be appreciated.
purplepaisley #6
Member since May 2006 · 142 posts · Location: UK
If you unzip the files prior to uploading, you'll need to upload all but the images in ASCII as they are text based files, try reuploading them? I use auto detect mode in my ftp client.
sapguy #7
Thanks

Tried that. Never worked.

Next.
lornajane #8
Member since Jul 2006 · 14 posts
This happened to me a few weeks ago, it was one of the intermediate release candidate releases.  Grab a new download of the latest version (either stable or RC) and try again, this solved it for me.

Good luck!
LornaJane ( www.lornajane.net )
Tim #9
I've got the same problem. Is there any description about the "old way" of installing dokuwiki?
I don't want really to install an older version.
purplepaisley #10
Member since May 2006 · 142 posts · Location: UK
The manual install instructions are here: http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:install_old
Tim #11
Ah, thanks -- I'll try that out ...
jrichalot #12
Member since Jun 2007 · 1 post
Subject: unrecognised or modified dokuwiki.php
Hello all,

I am also getting the previously described "unrecognised or modified dokuwiki.php (hash=32b6519b0d438480341c0cee2b9a5134)".
I installed the package available in the Ubuntu repository (apt-get install dokuwiki) on a Feisty 7.04 server.

I  also get the following two lines.
    * /usr/share/dokuwiki/conf/users.auth.php already exists
    * /usr/share/dokuwiki/conf/acl.auth.php already exists

The only thing I tweaked were in the apache.conf file, plus some write access to the /conf directory.

Any idea to solve this would be much appreciated. meanwhile, I'll try the "old" way ;o)

Cheers

Jerome
andi (Administrator) #13
AFAIK there is no need to run the install.php when install the Debian (or Ubuntu) package of DokuWiki, because the Debian installer takes care of the setup process.
mfh #14
Member since Jun 2007 · 3 posts
Quote by andi on 2007-06-02, 09:24:
AFAIK there is no need to run the install.php when install the Debian (or Ubuntu) package of DokuWiki, because the Debian installer takes care of the setup process.
1/ it would be nice if it would be said somewhere what the installer does, concretely

2/ i'm running debian, but I cannot upgrade to the latest version since it's not on the debian server (i.e. I just installed dw with apt-get install, and then going to the homepage it shows the link "new version avail") - so I got the TGZ: read on ...

3/ it would be nice to provide some basic instructions for upgrading
 * a) how to cope with the problem that tar xfz writes into a directory dokuwiki-xxxxx (< version spec) and you cannot do "mv * .." or so (supposed you unpacked inside the dw dir which is /usr/share/dokuwiki for me) in order to move new files over the old ones.
a simple solution should be suggested like :
(i) cd /usr/share (or whatsoever)
(ii) unpack the TGZ
(iii) rename existing dir DW (=dokuwiki in the sequel) into DW-old (if doing this for the first time)
(iv) create symbolic link DW -> DW-xxxxxx (created by tar xfz)
(v) fix data & conf symlinks
 * b) tell : should you run install.php or dpkg-reconfig or nothing at all ? (why not a neat script upgrade.sh ?)
 * c) (what else to do, if any)

4/ the installer requires DW/conf (which by default is /etc/DW/) to be writable for the web server and thus for anybody who uses it from anywhere
 - i.e. either you have a big security hole, or there's not much interest in having a "web based installer" if you have to do various chmods before & after (then it would be easier to have an install.sh that does all-in-one)

5/ I noticed half of the du is inside lang - add to the installer an option to suppress unneeded languages

6/ why I'm here : I also got the "(un)modified DW" error.
mainly because the first thing I do on any such install (from drupal (largest so far) to wikini (smallest so far))
is to replace the stupid (sorry) "index.php : Location( wikiname.php )" by a symbolic link to wikiname.php
and the line
 $QUERY = trim(@$_REQUEST['id'])
by
  if(!$QUERY = trim(@$_REQUEST['id']) and $ID=strtok($_SERVER['query_string'],'&')
   and FALSE === strpos($ID,'=')) $QUERY=$ID;

since I largely prefer URLs like   myserver/?start  to  myserver/wikiname.php?id=start
andi (Administrator) #15
Quote by mfh:
Quote by andi on 2007-06-02, 09:24:
1/ it would be nice if it would be said somewhere what the installer does, concretely

http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:installer

Quote by mfh:
2/ i'm running debian, but I cannot upgrade to the latest version since it's not on the debian server (i.e. I just installed dw with apt-get install, and then going to the homepage it shows the link "new version avail") - so I got the TGZ: read on ...

You should submit a Debian bug report, asking for a new package.

Quote by mfh:
3/ it would be nice to provide some basic instructions for upgrading

http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:install:upgrade

Quote by mfh:
4/ the installer requires DW/conf (which by default is /etc/DW/) to be writable for the web server and thus for anybody who uses it from anywhere

Debian's file system structure is very different from the default structure. I don't recommend to mix both of them. Upgrading the Debian package with a vanilla .tgz will give you some headaches. Also the installer is not for upgrading, it is only for intial setup. BTW. the conf directory is protected by a default .htaccess.

Quote by mfh:
5/ I noticed half of the du is inside lang - add to the installer an option to suppress unneeded languages

Disk space is cheap. But feel free to delete what you don't need.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Page:  1  2  next 
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-01-18, 12:16:14 (UTC +01:00)