Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
Permission Problems
PDD #1
Member since Jul 2006 · 77 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Permission Problems
Hi Guys,

I have recently just done an install onto my hosted server and I am having a problem with what I believe to be the permissions. I am being told that "User authentication is temporarily unavailable. If this situation persists, please inform your Wiki Admin". I presume this is down to permissions on the server but I dont know what permissions to give what files other than those outlined in the installation video. You can see the error here:

http://wiki.davidium.net/doku.php/start

PDD
PDD #2
Member since Jul 2006 · 77 posts
Has anyone got any idea's?
andi (Administrator) #3
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3450 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
This is not a file permission problem, but a problem with the selected authentication backend. Either it does not exist or is not correctly configured.
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
coreyh9 #4
Member since Sep 2006 · 9 posts
Most likely that you forgot to copy users.auth.php and/or acl.auth.php OR something not set correctly with those files.  When I upgrade to 11--06, I forgot to copy the files to the new wiki.  Hope this helps.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-07-23, 14:21:44 (UTC +02:00)