Dwf... cookie
Dokuwiki hangs, cookies implicated?
dugeen #1
Member since Sep 2006 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Dwf... cookie
Hello all

I'm trying to pin down a hanging problem with our Dokuwiki wiki (server fails to respond to requests until cookies are deleted or session closed).

I've noticed that all successful requests appear to be associated with a pair of cookies Dokuwiki and Dwf1662...(long hex code, always the same from same client) .

All requests which hung were accompanied by a Dokuwiki cookie only.

What is the purpose of the Dwf... cookie? Is there a list of all cookies used by Dokuwiki anywhere?
andi (Administrator) #2
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3450 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
The DokuWiki cookie is the cookie set by the PHP session mechanism. For authentication, DokuWiki uses a cookie prefixed with DW followed by an MD5 sum identifying this particular DokuWiki install. For storing certain user preferences DokuWiki sets another cookie through JavaScript - this one is called DOKU_PREFS.

The hanging could mean that your auth backend (what do you use?) may be very slow or having problems. Once the authentication is done (indicated theough th DW* cookie) your auth backend is not queried anymore and everything should be fast again.
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
dugeen #3
Member since Sep 2006 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Thanks for this, it's good to get the problem pinned down to one area.

Unfortunately I don't administer the web server in question (IIS). I assume the authentication method is the default one for IIS. I'm waiting to hear back from the web people.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-07-23, 01:08:13 (UTC +02:00)