Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout RSS
Unzip to wiki
theLAXman101 #1
Member since Jun 2009 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Unzip to wiki
Ok, this is a very beginner question (I've never used a wiki before), but how specifically do I unzip a .zip or .jar (?) file to my wiki so I can apply a template?  Do I have to deal with the server?

Thanks
-Martin- #2
Member since Jan 2009 · 422 posts · Location: Bayern Germany
If you use Windows, you can unzip it with winrar, winzip, or something else. Then Upload it to your wiki into the following folder:
<DW>/lib/tpl/
Now you can activate the template in the config of your wiki.

If you want to install a Plugin you can do that with the plugin manager.
Linux-Doku.de
This post was edited on 2009-06-18, 17:49 by -Martin-.
theLAXman101 #3
Member since Jun 2009 · 2 posts
If that is the case, how do I specify which directory to upload the files to?  Is it in the same place where I upload pictures and such?  That is the only place where I can find an upload function, and that is specifically tied to that page...along that note, do I actually create a page "lib" and then upload the folder there?  I have navigated to the lib/tpl/ folder where there are all the color swatches and stuff, I just don't know where to go from there.  Like I said, I'm very new at this and kind of lost

Thanks
This post was edited on 2009-06-18, 18:05 by theLAXman101.
-Martin- #4
Member since Jan 2009 · 422 posts · Location: Bayern Germany
No, you must upload it via FTP, for this you can use Filezilla.
Linux-Doku.de
g1smd #5
Member since Jan 2009 · 133 posts · Location: UK
You don't use the Wiki to upload anything.  Uploading in the Wiki is only for content going into the Wiki.

You need FTP access to the program folders on the server to upload templates and other features.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-02-26, 15:28:02 (UTC +01:00)