Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Plugins RSS
Plugin Manager - download not working?
PDD #1
Member since Jul 2006 · 77 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Other Issue
I know this is unrelated but it is also to do with Plugin Manager, anytime I try to use the URL links given on the DokuWiki website for using  in Plugin Manager to download a plugin they never work. None of them have. Has anyone actually used this feature in Plugin Manager Successfully?

Should the above have been put into a seperate post?
chi #2
Member since Jun 2006 · 1851 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Members, Super Mods, Wiki Managers
It`s probably a permission issue. The webserver needs to have write permissions to <dokuwiki>/lib/plugins/.

chi
Please add [SOLVED] to the initial thread subject if you feel your question has been answered.
If my answer doesn't make sense maybe your question didn't either - just visit http://facepalm.org.
PDD #3
Member since Jul 2006 · 77 posts
That would make sense accept for its a Windows server on FAT-32 so I dont think permissions is the source of the issue. Is there anyway to verify this?
ChrisS #4
Member since Sep 2006 · 91 posts
Group memberships: Members, Wiki Managers
In answer to the question in your latest post, create a php script and see if it can successfully create and write to a file within the plugins directory.

Other possibilities:
- The plugin manager should report problems if it encounters them.  If it isn't, possibly a PHP error is occuring during its operation.  Do you have access to PHP error log to see if that is the case.

- To operate the plugin manager requires php to have the zlib extension installed.  Afaik, most distributions/web hosts do run php with this extension.  You can check for it in your php by looking at the 'phpinfo()' output.

- Early versions of the plugin manager did have problems with the urls generated for DW's media manager.  Those problems have been fixed.  I don't recall when the fixes went live.  They are certainly included in the latest release 2006-11-06.
ejobs #5
Member since Dec 2006 · 1 post · Location: Deutschland
On my system this behaviour is due to a bug in the plugin manager. I filed a bug report on the DokuWiki bug database: http://bugs.splitbrain.org/?do=details&id=1011

Please try to change line 240 of the file zip.lib.php (dir "inc" in plugin dir) from
  1. $byte = @fread($zip, 1); $bytes=($bytes << 8) | Ord($byte);
to
  1. $byte = @fread($zip, 1); $bytes=(($bytes << 8) & 0xFFFFFFFF) | Ord($byte);
For me it solved the issue.
MilchFlasche #6
Member since Feb 2007 · 8 posts · Location: Taichung, Taiwan
In reply to post #4
Quote by ChrisS on 2006-12-26, 16:31:
In answer to the question in your latest post, create a php script and see if it can successfully create and write to a file within the plugins directory.

Other possibilities:
- The plugin manager should report problems if it encounters them.  If it isn't, possibly a PHP error is occuring during its operation.  Do you have access to PHP error log to see if that is the case.

- To operate the plugin manager requires php to have the zlib extension installed.  Afaik, most distributions/web hosts do run php with this extension.  You can check for it in your php by looking at the 'phpinfo()' output.

My plugin manager just says "Unable to download the plugin file: http://xxxx....", and I might not be able to access to the PHP error log, because my site is on a free hosting. Actually I use 110mb.com as my server, and they usually have safe mode on. Could that be a reason too?
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-10-15, 16:25:11 (UTC +02:00)