Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout RSS
Position of Quicksearch popup
How can I move it from the default position?
Adrian Pinks #1
Member since Nov 2006 · 16 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Position of Quicksearch popup
I have moved the search form to the left of the screen, but the "Quicksearch" popup (with the list of Matching Pagenames) continues to popup near the old location of the search form.

How can I adjust the position of the Quicksearch popup?

Here's a screendump to show the problem:

[Image: http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/1125/dokuwikidumpnz5.png]
koko #2
Member since May 2006 · 161 posts · Location: Zonhoven Belgium
hi,

You'll have to edit the CSS of that quicksearch-div. You find some CSS-values on this in the design.css from you template (from line 626)
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Adrian Pinks #3
Thanks.  For some reason I didn't think it would be as easy as changing the CSS - I thought I'd have to start hacking some of the PHP.
koko #4
Member since May 2006 · 161 posts · Location: Zonhoven Belgium
Did you solve it with just the CSS?
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Adrian Pinks #5
Yeah, it was easy - there's a div for the Quicksearch, and it uses absolute positioning.  Took a couple of minutes to change it.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-05-25, 05:29:16 (UTC +02:00)