Forum: General Help and Support Server Setup RSS
Strange 404 error on IIS 7.5
dimas #1
Member since Aug 2009 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Strange 404 error on IIS 7.5
Hi All!
Previously I got a DokuWiki site driven by IIS 6.0 and PHP 5.2, all worked fine.
Now I moved the site to another machine running IIS 7.5 and PHP 5.2. I did it by simply copying the folder. (And setting fs permissions, of course)

Now I get a problem:
I can not edit pages in some namespaces. For example, I CAN edit the main page, but when I'm trying to save another page, I get 404 error with this address

http://asp-iss:80/wiki/doku.xn--php?id=-8fga3c6aza9ed1acr4a:%D0%BA%D0%BB%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%81%D1%8B

And this is clear - there is no file named doku.xn--php!  What's this? How to fix the problem?
andi (Administrator) #2
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3509 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
That xn looks suspiciously like an punycode indicator... but punycode should only be used within the domain name... I have no idea what's going on there but try to look into any settings of IIS that might be related to punicode domains...
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
dimas #3
Member since Aug 2009 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Thanks a lot, Andy, you gave me a point to start from:)
I have just found out that IIS 7.* has a breaking change - it does not support IDN bindings. And the only helpful info about this is
But still I did not get - why this situation concerns me? In fact, my domain name does not contain symbols other than ASCII. Moreover, when parameter "тз:техническое задание" is encoded, the page name is normally %-encoded, but namespace name use punycode for some reasons...
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-01-18, 13:32:53 (UTC +01:00)