Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support General Stuff RSS
DokuWiki able to handle a High Traffic Site?
ldk #1
Member since Nov 2006 · 4 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: DokuWiki able to handle a High Traffic Site?
Hello,

My website is a pretty high-traffic forum has 80,000 members and that gets around 15 million page views per month. I'm really interested in adding a wiki because I think it will be a great way to pull out and organize some really useful information that comes up in the forum. My forum software is php/mysql.

I'm wondering if the fact that DokuWiki uses flat files rather than a database means that it's going to bog down my server considering the traffic I get. Or is a flat file software generally OK in a wiki situation because people aren't doing as much reading & writing as they do with a forum.

Thanks for any insight you may have!

- ldk
zyberdog #2
Member since Oct 2006 · 25 posts · Location: Denmark
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
I haven't personally played with DokuWiki as a high traffic site, but I doubt it would be the best solution for you. Saying this even though I'm crazy about DokuWiki.

There are some reports from other people in regards to scalability here. Do note that not many of those reports list what version they are using, and lately the "worse" parts like searching has been improved.
And some talk about DokuWiki performance.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-01-27, 20:27:49 (UTC +01:00)