Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
I got a problem with the ACL
denis_std #1
Member since Nov 2006 · 4 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: I got a problem with the ACL
I have the following file structure at the moment:

start.txt [START] -> wiki.txt [WIKI]-> dokumente.txt , links.txt [DOKUMENTE] -> uebung01.txt, uebung_02.txt

( [ .... ] = folder)

Now I tried to edit the rights with the GUI of ACL. But everytime I klick on the Admin button I can just edit the user rights for "start.txt" . Now I tried to edit it from scratch, so I edited the "conf/acl.auth.php" and added the following lines.

start @ALL 1
start @user 2
start @admin 255

start:wiki* @ALL 0
start:wiki* @user 8
start:wiki* @admin 255

But nothing changed. I can access every site being not logged in. (but the ACL must work, because when I have the following things in the acl.auth.php I can't access the whole thing:

•               @admin      255
links    @admin    2
links    @user    0
*    @ALL    0
*    @user    16

Could you help me with that topic. I don't understand the problem.

Greetings from Germany

Denis
andi (Administrator) #2
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3500 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Quote by denis_std:
Now I tried to edit the rights with the GUI of ACL. But everytime I klick on the Admin button I can just edit the user rights for "start.txt" .

Remove your manual edits and start over again. This time go to a page inside the namespace you want to restrict, then access the ACL manager. The ACL manager only displays and edits rules affecting the current page.
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
denis_std #3
Member since Nov 2006 · 4 posts
Group memberships: Members
The problem is that the ACL always displays the "site.txt" and I don't really know why. Everytime I click "Admin" I am able to edit the rights of the "start.txt "

if($perm > AUTH_WRITE) {
        echo '<a href="?do=admin" class="interwiki" title="'.$lang['btn_admin'].'">'.$lang['btn_admin'].'</a>'
            .'&nbsp;&middot;&nbsp;';
    }

Here has to be the error of my template (I use mmclean available at the wiki). It would be nice if you could help me.
This post was edited on 2006-11-23, 15:33 by denis_std.
andi (Administrator) #4
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3500 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Yes, this is wrong. The template should use the tpl_actionlink function instead. You should switch to the default template for setting up the ACLs then switch back. Oh and write to the template author asking him to fix this.
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-11-20, 01:22:26 (UTC +01:00)