Userbackend changed for dokuwiki.org
Login with your Forum credentials now
andi (Administrator) #1
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3306 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Userbackend changed for dokuwiki.org
Until now we used the bug tracker logins for www.dokuwiki.org - I just changed that to use the forum logins instead.

That means you can log in at www.dokuwiki.org with your forum.dokuwiki.org credentials now.

If you had registered in the bug tracker only, you will need to get a forum account if you still want your changes in the wiki to be recognized under your name. Anonymous editing is still okay in the Wiki of course.

I think it makes more sense that way, as I think the majority of DokuWiki users will not need to report a bug bug will probably want to engage in the community and the wiki.

Ideally all three systems would use the same user base. But unfortunately neither the forum nor the bugtracker is flexible enough to easily do that.
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
andi (Administrator) #2
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3306 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
One addition: if you like to have your real name to be used in the signatures within the wiki (as it used to be with the bug tracker logins), just fill the "Real Name" field in your profile.
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
nyeates #3
Member since Nov 2012 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Subject: Clarify this at https://www.dokuwiki.org/dokuwiki?do=login
It would help to have this clarified and intuitive on the login page at: https://www.dokuwiki.org/dokuwiki?do=login

A link to the forum registration page would suffice. It would also be beneficial to link to this forum post for an explanation.
Maybe try a "Register" button/link and "Explain registration..." link.

When making a number of documentation additions and changes, I could not find any Registration mechanism, so I made the changes without an account. When I found that it would be beneficial to be able to receive notifications on one of the pages I was editing, I went on a further search for how to get an account. It took me 2 days, going onto IRC getting no response, and eventually combing the forums to find this post.
nyeates #4
Member since Nov 2012 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Subject: Added as bug
Added bug https://bugs.dokuwiki.org/index.php?do=details&task_id…
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2018-07-19, 13:31:50 (UTC +02:00)