Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
Htaccess host problem with install
GMW #1
Member since Dec 2006 · 4 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Htaccess host problem with install
Hi Guys,
Sorry if this is an obvious question - but please help.
My Host is Apache but also DOES - NOT allow htaccess use.
I deleted htaccess in the main folder and the install works
I now have an error :
Trace:
Writing /home/f1000729/domains/www.mysite/dokuwiki/data/cache/3/39c0f8903d3b082e176e5260d9940e04.i failed
Writing /home/f1000729/domains/www.mysite/dokuwiki/data/cache/3/39c0f8903d3b082e176e5260d9940e04.xhtml failed

1  is this fatal
2  can I work around it
3 can I work around htaccess

Thanks
kizh #2
Member since Dec 2006 · 5 posts
I had similar problem, when I installed.  what I did was go through and create all the document cache folders in FTP and then it would write correctly.  You have to do the same thing for the data dir and anything under it IIRC.\

About not having .htaccess, you can move the data directory outside of your www directory to secure it.   http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:security  I'm not sure you have FTP access to your account or not.  I hope this helps, keep in mind I'm a noob too and am having my own problems.  Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong about about something.

Also, you might want to have a look at the safemode hack if you haven't already. http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:safemodehack
This post was edited on 2006-12-11, 18:48 by kizh.
GMW #3
Member since Dec 2006 · 4 posts
Thanks Kizh,
I will try that.  Shame to pass up something that should work :)
The htaccess I need sorted cos I need Private Area.
Regards.
kizh #4
Member since Dec 2006 · 5 posts
the wiki has some nice access control management features that you can restrict people from reading/editing pages.  Although I'm not sure if it needs htaccess to work properly.  I'm really impressed with what they've done here, don't give up easily if you need flat files cause you don't have access to some sort of database!
This post was edited on 2006-12-12, 05:49 by kizh.
koko #5
Member since May 2006 · 161 posts · Location: Zonhoven Belgium
hi,

you can choose which kind of authentication you want to use. If you choose to go for a plain auth, then there will be no htaccess-file needed.
The error about the writing is fatal, but it can be solved very easily. At my wiki I only had to delete all the files in the cache-folder and after that, chmod this folder to 777.

Hopefully this works!
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-07-23, 13:41:44 (UTC +02:00)