Tailoring index and start
newbie questions
topaz505 #1
Member since Nov 2006 · 3 posts · Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Tailoring index and start
Can someone please explain two (and a half)  basic things to me:

1. How do you edit the Start Page (where is it ?!) to create a nice Home Page for my wiki?

1a. What is the relation between the Start Page and the Index?

2. Can I associate a particular "home page" to a User Group or a User ?
    At login, I would like user_group_A to go to one part of the wiki; user_group_B to another.

Sorry if these are trivial q's but I have scoured the doc/tuts/forums and cannot find answers.
(That does not mean they do not exist . . .)
TIA
koko #2
Member since May 2006 · 161 posts · Location: Zonhoven Belgium
hi,

1. just push the 'edit' button no? This buttons is placed at the left (top and bottom). But only if you are logged in I think in the beginning.

1a. euhm, the start page is shown in the index, no more relation...

2. This question was here before and I don't think there is such a possibility yet. But you can always write a plugin to do so :-D I'll check this thing.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
zyberdog #3
Member since Oct 2006 · 25 posts · Location: Denmark
In reply to post #1
2. Think this plugin, http://wiki.splitbrain.org/users:phptard:groupstartpage, at least mostly covers what you are asking for.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-01-27, 20:10:01 (UTC +01:00)