Forum: General Help and Support Server Setup RSS
Trouble after php upgrade
trouble after upgrading php4 to php5 and much changes
a77ila #1
Member since Dec 2006 · 1 post
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Trouble after php upgrade
I feel I'm so stupid.  I used to have a working dokuwiki on mac os x (mac ports apache2 + php4).  After I have played with it a lot, I have upgraded php4 to php5 (php 5.2.0).  Not only that.  I have installed mod_fastcgi and stuffs to play with ruby. 

After a while, I have found out that my dokuwiki doesn't work.  Instead of showing "start" it's looking for a page titled "1" although I have "start.txt" and after I update the page "1", it displays page "1".  In addition, whatever link I click, whether it's on a same namespace or not, it just reloads the page "1".

I have lost track of what I have changed.  Any idea which should I look into, like php.ini or http.conf or something else?  And, which part of the conf file should I look?  I have may data on my wiki, and I'm getting crazy because I can't use it.  Even downgrading the php and restoring all previous confs doesn't help...
ChrisS #2
Member since Sep 2006 · 91 posts
Group memberships: Members, Wiki Managers
Show profile · Link to this post
Try a fresh install of the latest version of DW.  You don't need to overwrite your current DW, simply point the data configuration setting at the location of your wiki pages.  Any modifications to the wiki pages made by one DokuWiki will be visible to the other.

Now you can access your wiki data and work on determining which of your customisations is causing the problem.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-02-26, 15:29:39 (UTC +01:00)