Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
RSS feed
sysbox27 #1
Member since Nov 2006 · 11 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: RSS feed
Hi,
Can somebody help with the config of the RSS feed. I clicked on the rss link at the bottom of my start page and this then generated a page of links which I guess looked correct.
I took this page address and pasted into a rss reader and this generated my start page (in very ugly plain text) but what I don't see is any update in my rss reader when I change something on one of my wiki pages.
Have I made some wromg assumptions here? Can anybody help me to understand how this is supposed to work and whether I can get a rss reader to display my wiki in formatted html rather than just plain text?
Many thanks again.
ChrisS #2
Member since Sep 2006 · 91 posts
Group memberships: Members, Wiki Managers
Take a look at the syndication page at splitbrain.  Also, there are several configuration settings applicable to your wiki feed.  They aren't particularly well documented. rss_update governs how often the feed will be updated.
sysbox27 #3
Member since Nov 2006 · 11 posts
thanks Chris.
I had a look at that those links and think I have applied everything correctly but still have problems. I am making use of ACL and the link says you need to pass your credentials to the rss reader as well to access. I do this as follows:

http://myserver/mydokuwiki/f…?u=me&p=mypassword&…

I get the feed titles displayed, but I still get problem where if I click on any of the titles to actually display the webpage I get that "permission denied. perhaps you forgot to login?" message.

Can anyone please advise how to resolve this?

I am using ShrapReader for my rss feeds.

Thanks.
dgonzalez003 #4
Member since Sep 2008 · 2 posts
That's because you are logged in in your feed reader, but not in your wiki. You have to enter your username and you password again to see it.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-01-18, 08:05:31 (UTC +01:00)