Forum: General Help and Support Plugins RSS
indexmenu2 missing characters?
Page:  1  2  next 
drumsoloartist #1
Member since Dec 2006 · 14 posts · Location: USA
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: indexmenu2 missing characters?
Hello I have installed the indexmenu2 via plugin manager, and it does seem to work (thank you very much for the outstanding addition) however after the installation the whole wiki is reacting kind of sluggish (does not react as fast as before the installation) also there should be some new buttons as I understand in the "special characters pallet" of the edit tool-bar - they are missing, and my Safari Activity Menu shows a lot of errors while in edit screen, like "not found" and "forbidden" - with refers like that "..........t(eventTypes[e][0]);%20%20evt.initEvent(e,%20eventTypes[e][1],%20eventTypes[e][2]);%20%20return% - not found"

URL's:
[EDITED OUT]
or
[EDITED OUT - if needed check Drum Wiki at www.DrumSoloArtist.com/wiki]
and yes one has to be logged in to get to the edit mode, so you are welcome to create a new account or use this:
User name: ********
password: **********

Any suggestions are welcome and thank you very much in advance!
PS: I am using the latest Doku and indexmenu2 installations...
This post was edited on 2006-12-23, 00:17 by drumsoloartist.
WingedFox #2
Member since Sep 2006 · 27 posts
Hmmz... i could suggest to use another template.
I've did a quick check and found that it does continuously run several eventhandlers with a lot of internal calculations.

You could try to 'arctic' template, for example, or 'minima' - they are much more lightweight templates.

Also, it seems that 'monobook' uses old-styled scripts, which does not know much about javascript features. It causes them to spend alot of time on useless check, etc.

-Ilya
drumsoloartist #3
Thank you very much for your reply!

Ok, - the fact is I was not only using monobook skin, but also the multi-template plugin (different templates for different namespaces) and I had a thought that the plugins may not be compatible... So I just swiched the whole wiki to the default skin! - so now the wiki is "Clean" as far as I can remember there are no other plugins... - I have the same behavior... Any other suggestions?

PS: I will let it run with the default skin for a couple hours hoping you will be able to check it out your self, but I will need to go back later on...

And if it will help I could make you an admin account at wiki, so you will have access to the admin section... (same with FTP, if that will help)
WingedFox #4
It seems, that you've turned on some strange option.

I have several DokuWiki installations
I.e. http://cms.debugger.ru and http://debugger.ru and i have no such behavior there...

Please, try to use clean DokuWiki installation with the default settings, or update it to more recent release...

Yep... I've found the cause of the troubles. Your JS file does contain the code:
document.onmousemove=...
because of the crazy Dom_TT library you have such an issue.
drumsoloartist #5
I am sorry if it sounded inappropriate - i was never questioning you or your work!

All I wanted is to get help...

And what js file are you talking about? And sorry but I have no idea what "Dom_TT library" is...
WingedFox #6
Sorry, i don't meant that you've done something stupid or whatever else.

I suppose you can do the following to disable this weird library:
1. open file '<dokuwiki_installation>/lib/scripts/domTT.js' in any editor
2. replace
var domTT_useGlobalMousePosition = true;
with
var domTT_useGlobalMousePosition = false;
3. save file on the server

This will disable mouse tracking feature and improve the performance.
drumsoloartist #7
Ok I will do that, and in the mean time I am doing a clean install of dokuwiki ( to another directory) as per your request, after that I will install indexmenu2 to the new installation to see if that will change the strange behavior...

I will get back to you with my findings, stay tuned...
drumsoloartist #8
Well... this is a new one, completely fresh installation, installed indexmenu2 via plugin manager... - SAME BEHAVIOR!!! try it your self:

http://www.drumsoloartist.com/dokuwiki/doku.php

Use the same logins as I gave before and try clicking on special characters menu... On Safari it gives empty images and reports exactly the same errors as on the old (original) installation

PS I edited the domTT file it did make wiki a bit faster, nowhere as before but still faster, but the rest of the errors are still there...

NOTE: Removing indexmenu2 via plugin manager clears ALL the errors and brings wiki back to its speed and responsiveness...

So I guess it must be a computer thing than? Some config on my server differs from yours or something I can not touch server side I am afraid...
WingedFox #9
It looks terribly strange...

Could you, please, test standalone menu at the http://cms.debugger.ru/test and http://cms.debugger.ru wiki?
Do you have the same troubles with it?

Tell me, please, what browsers/OS's are affected and i'll try to make a tests.
drumsoloartist #10
Ok the http://cms.debugger.ru/test kind'a works fine tested on Safari, Firefox and Opera all latest releases I am on Os 10.4.8 (the latest, with all the available updates from Apple) [just curious what does my comp / browser configuration has to do with a poor performance of software or plugin on a Unix Server?] and regarding the http://cms.debugger.ru/ works OK on firefox and Opera and Doesnt work on Safari I can not even see the menu under the INDEX heading... now that is for browsing, I did not try editing as I am not receiving password for some reason (check your wiki users - I tried to register as test and test2 and did not get any emails - I used @gmail.com account) so if you want me to try editing something there, open an account for me and send me the login details...

Regards
drumsoloartist #11
Subject: MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Well I guess if you are not answering by now... Can only mean that there is no quick fix for my probs... Anyway thanks a lot for trying and HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
drumsoloartist #12
[UPDATE]

Ok so I have finally registered over at the http://cms.debugger.ru and yep, I am experiencing the same behavior, so that should confirm that the plugin is not compatible with Safari, and does work (almost) on FireFox  (Mac) and works even better with Opera (Mac)...
WingedFox #13
Subject: Happy New Year
Sorry for delay, las days i was far away from any communications 8*)

Unfortunately, the whole subnet, where debugger.ru lives has been blacklisted. This might be a case, why previous emails were lost.

Also, i have no access to Mac and could not test plugin there =(
I'll be glad if someone could help me with this.
drumsoloartist #14
Sorry to hear about the problems on your server...

And - what kind of help are you talking about?
WingedFox #15
I need access to Mac to be able to test plugin there, i.e. some kind of the remote desktop...
Or help from someone, experienced in Javascript programming, to do some debugging.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Page:  1  2  next 
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20120620-dev, © 2003-2011 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2014-04-16, 18:11:42 (UTC +02:00)