Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
RSS
sysbox27 #1
Member since Nov 2006 · 11 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: RSS
Sorry for publishing again, but I'm having trouble getting a rss reader to read the pages correctly, and thought I would try and request some help again.
Firstly thanks to ChrisS for his help thus far.

I'm making use of ACL and the docs says you need to pass your credentials to the rss reader as well to access. I do this as follows:

http://myserver/mydokuwiki/f…?u=me&p=mypassword&…

I get the feed titles displayed correctly (with some initial text from the page), but I still get problem where if I click on any of the titles to actually display the webpage I get that "permission denied. perhaps you forgot to login?" message.
Surely it shouldn't do this?
Can anyone please advise how to resolve this?

With regard to the initial text from the page that gets displayed with the feed titles - can this be limited or edited in some way?

I am using SharpReader for my rss feeds.

Thanks again
andi (Administrator) #2
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3512 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
The mentioned method for passing username and password to the feed generator only logs in your feed reader. When you try to access a page with your browser you need to login with your browser again, because the feed does not add the user and password to the link in the feed.

Before you ask: no this feature won't be added because it would mean that your password is stored in clear text in the feed cache files. So this is not a good idea. But you can just login once in your browser using the "remember me" checkbox and you should be logged in automatically.
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-01-27, 20:27:12 (UTC +01:00)