Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Plugins RSS
FreeMind on a Hosted Server (siteground)
A newbie plea-- how do I get FreeMind activated on a hosted site
S. Pike Hall #1
User title: Dr.
Member since Jan 2007 · 1 post · Location: Des Moines, IA
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: FreeMind on a Hosted Server (siteground)
I am really looking forward to learning to use, format, template and etc Dokuwiki. I'm not new to wiki's however, I've used Zwiki on Plone and one or two others.

My greatest excitement with DokuWiki has been the prospect of using FreeMind.

Today's experience... I'd worked patiently, I thought, to set up my siteground site, generally. This morning I finally felt ready to set up Dokuwiki and its FreeMind attachments (freemind.jsp and the flash "attachment").

Anyway here's what finally transpired after several back and forths with tech support.

I am working in dokuwiki and addressing its support files.

the FreeMind mind map is produced by java but is readable either by FreeMind, another java application or Flash.

From within the Dokuwiki window I typed in the following file getting message:

#freemind?width=400&type=flash(public_html/wiki/data/media/)chesstopics.mm)#

Instead of reporducing the chesstopic.mm which is in the media folder dokuwiki error message was as follows:
"Flash plugin or Javascript are turned off. Activate both and reload to view the mindmap? [without the quotes]

I evidently need to change the Flash and Javascript files from "off" to "on". I guessed that that change might involve changing file permissions but could not find either one to do so.

You can see the instruction on my Wiki (Uniqwiki) "start" page. if you put the page in 'edit' mode you will see what I typed in. (Chesstopics.mm is stored in the MediaFiles) .

I hope that this gives you enough information.

Tech support recommended that i come here, where expertise might be able to handle the situation.

I'll appreciate any and all knowledgeable help.

Thanks,  in advance.

Spike Hall

Thanks
S. Pike Hall
Idealist & TechnoAppreciator
risoto2000 #2
User title: Horacio Reyes - Wadooa.com
Member since Apr 2007 · 1 post · Location: Bogota Colombia
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Freemind works in siteground (www.wadooa.com)
Hi, I just install the freemind plugin in my wiki wadooa.com and it works fine (Siteground is my hosting), all you have to do is this:

1. upload de .mm file just like uploading a picture

2. include the following code:

#freemind?width=1000&height=1000&type=flash(wadooa.mm)#

the first part is for the size, and the last part is the name of the mind map that you want to put in your wiki.

you can see this working in:

http://wadooa.com/doku.php/incubadora_de_proyectos

Regards,
Horacio, wadooa.com wiki administrator
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-05-26, 18:37:31 (UTC +02:00)