Parsing Error?!
....when using Google Maps Plugin
Ben #1
Member since Jul 2006 · 16 posts · Location: Berlin
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Parsing Error?!
Hi,

i have been using the Google Maps Plugin for quite a while. Now I have discovered a strange bug: New entries won't render the Dokuwiki Syntax into html, the Dokuwiki-Code gets displayed without rendering.
As I am not sure if this is a Dukuwiki bug, a Google Maps Plugin Bug or just a self-made error I didn't file a Bug-Report.

When entering a new Marker at Google Maps I geht the follwing output:

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: regular expression too large at offset 0 in /is/htdocs/wp1046126_6EF1R38QFG/www/wiki/inc/parser/lexer.php on line 115

Any Ideas? Or should I better Post this in the mailing list?

Ben
This post was edited on 2007-01-18, 10:35 by Ben.
ChrisS #2
Member since Sep 2006 · 91 posts
Group memberships: Members, Wiki Managers
PHP regular expressions are supplied by a library called pcre (or libprce).  An uprev in that library (to 6.7 iirc) has caused this problem to start happening - although not normally in the lexer.

You can try your page on my site at http://wiki.jalakai.co.uk/dokuwiki/ to see if it works there.

Also, you may want to investigate whether or not you can upgrade to v7 of the library.  I don't know if that has any impact, however the changelog does include a couple of changes concerned with memory usage computations.
Ben #3
Member since Jul 2006 · 16 posts · Location: Berlin
Group memberships: Members
Thanks for your reply. I tested my page on your site and I got the same error. I didn't save it though because I didn't want to mess things up ;-), if you want to take a look at it, tell me where to save it. (my wiki isn't editable by the public, we made bad experiences)
It seems to me as if I only can use a certain amount of markers in the map.

Unfortunately I cannot upgrade my PHO installation because I have no root access to the web server.

Ben
ChrisS #4
Member since Sep 2006 · 91 posts
Group memberships: Members, Wiki Managers
Any new page.  Under namespace sandbox or playground is best.  If you are worried about messing up the wiki, create an empty page first.  Click the old revisions button and make a copy the line that goes into your browser address bar.  Now edit the page and paste in your problem markup.  Save the page.  Click the old revisions button or paste in the copy you made earlier and revert the page back to the empty version - you might also want to add in "check revision history for problem markup".

Re, your bad experiences.  You may want to check out the recent anti-spam improvements for DokuWiki including the bad behaviour plugin.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-02-26, 14:48:11 (UTC +01:00)