Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality RSS
can this be done? change groups? collaps disscussion? delete old version of pages?
jcharth #1
Member since Jan 2007 · 6 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: can this be done? change groups? collaps disscussion? delete old version of pages?
Hello I have a few questions about dokuwiki may be someone has an answer for some of them

1. can i delete old versions of a page? how do i do this? copy the page?

2. can i change the group to which a user belong? I dont have an option to edit any of my users.

3. can threads be expanded/ collapse with the discussion plugin? any links on how to do this?

4. indexmenu plugin, cant download anymore, is indexmenu2 the best option?

thanks
esther #2
User title: Esther Brunner
Member since May 2006 · 60 posts · Location: Winterthur, Switzerland
1. can i delete old versions of a page? how do i do this? copy the page?

Not over the web user interface. However you can setup a cron job to delete all old revisions older than a period. Search the Splitbrain Wiki to find instructions on this.

2. can i change the group to which a user belong? I dont have an option to edit any of my users.

Take a look at the user manager in the admin menu.

3. can threads be expanded/ collapse with the discussion plugin? any links on how to do this?

I guess it's not currently possible. Can you elaborate on what you want to be able to do? Then submit a feature request at the issue tracker of the Discussion Plugin.
jcharth #3
thanks Sther. That was very usefull. Does anyone happen to know how to update acronyms in old pages after changing the acronyms.conf? or how to allow upload of zip files?
chi #4
Member since Jun 2006 · 1851 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Members, Super Mods, Wiki Managers
Quote by jcharth:
Does anyone happen to know how to update acronyms in old pages after changing the acronyms.conf?

This should happen automatically when the cached version of the viewed page is older than the "cachetime" setting. You can also force a single page to be recached by adding ?purge=true to the URL. See http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:caching

Quote by jcharth:
or how to allow upload of zip files?

See http://wiki.splitbrain.org/doku.php?id=wiki:mime
Please add [SOLVED] to the initial thread subject if you feel your question has been answered.
If my answer doesn't make sense maybe your question didn't either - just visit http://facepalm.org.
jcharth #5
Thanks guys I did some changes to the calendar plugin it had some bugs, i was unable to go back and forth between months seems to be working now. Also Ill try to collapse expand the discussion plugin, and hopefully will be able to give back to the community. Is there a place to upload the calendar or this changes? thanks.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20120620-dev, © 2003-2011 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2014-04-16, 09:21:59 (UTC +02:00)