Forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality RSS
ACL and Deleting Entries
ldk #1
Member since Nov 2006 · 4 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: ACL and Deleting Entries
Hello,

In my acl.auth.php file I have it set up so only I am set to have permissions of 16 and all other users have permission of 8. The difference between 8 and 16 is supposedly that you can't "delete" if you have permission of 8.

But when I log in as a user with permission of 8, I can go to edit a topic, select all the text, hit backspace, and hit save and the topic gets removed. This would be considered "deleting" right? Shouldn't I supposedly be prohibited from doing this?

Thanks for any information you can give me!
andi (Administrator) #2
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3423 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Nope, the deletion permission only applies to media files. I'm pretty sure this is noted somewhere on the ACL page.
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
ldk #3
Member since Nov 2006 · 4 posts
Group memberships: Members
OK. Thanks. I managed to stick some code in that makes this apply to deleting articles as well.
andi (Administrator) #4
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3423 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Quote by ldk:
OK. Thanks. I managed to stick some code in that makes this apply to deleting articles as well.

Which makes no sense, because one can also just overwrite the existing text with some nonsense, which is the same as deleting but wouldn't trigger your deletion ACL. There is simply no need for a deletion ACL. Either you trust your users to edit pages or you don't.
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-05-26, 22:12:05 (UTC +02:00)