Forum: Announcements and Rules RSS
Forum: private mails limited
only active members can use it
andi (Administrator) #1
Member since May 2006 · 2448 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Forum: private mails limited
Because spammers recently started to use the forum's messaging function to send spam emails to registered users, I changed the function a bit.

From now on, newly registered users can not use the messaging function right away. To be able to send emails through the forum system you need to

• be registered for at least 14 days
  • have written at least one forum post

This will hopefully limit the usability for spammers while keeping the functionality for our active forum members.
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
Taggic (Moderator) #2
Member since Jan 2011 · 738 posts · Location: Gilching, Germany
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members
Great idea, but I'm registered since two days and you gave me the hint to mail somebody.
The mail feature told me that I'm not allowed and now I know why.
So I would have to wait patiently another 12 days. I wish I had such patience ...

Could you do me two favours, please:
 - post somewhere that it would be a good idea, to help the forum rookies  at the beginning, to establish the contact instead of forwarding to a function what cannot be used ?
- ask str if he can send me some contact details

BTW, thanks for your help on my topics.

greetings
Taggic
best regards
Taggic
f-con wiki: http://www.fristercons.de/fcon/
Casper #3
Member since Jan 2010 · 8 posts
Group memberships: Members
I think Andis approach is good.

This is an easy implementation and hopefully blocks most spam.

Posting details here is ok as I think those spaming happens automated and is not dokuwiki specific. I don't think that users registered manually and read posts in here.

Also new members could wondering why they can't use this feature. A hint to the user in anyway should be given.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20120620-dev, © 2003-2011 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2014-04-24, 11:04:35 (UTC +02:00)