PHP Book
Ben #1
Member since Jul 2006 · 16 posts · Location: Berlin
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: PHP Book
Hi,

as there are quite a few PHP cracks here:

could anyone recommend a good book on PHP? I already know the basics and wrote some scripts, but i guuess all of that is either bad style or insecure or both.
Any suggestions? The book should be in german or english language.

Ben
purplepaisley #2
Member since May 2006 · 142 posts · Location: UK
I work in a training centre (I'm just office staff), there's a list of php books on the website with synopsis. Maybe it will help narrow things down a little.

http://www.wellho.net/booktopic/PHP.html

These are in our library there, if you were in the UK they'd welcome you to drop in and browse. I personally use amazon reviews a lot when choosing books.
MoneyTopList #3
Member since Nov 2009 · 1 post
I have read  PHP & MySQL for Dummies from Janet Valade. Generally, this book is good but you need to spend more time than me with this book if you want be good programmer :) I was learning a few days and I am able to edit most of the scripts from hotscripts and similar php script galleries and also create some basic scripts like contact form or very easy cms.
brainmeasures (Former member) #4
No profile available.
Link to this post
At the intial level the book “Build Your Own Database Driven Website Using PHP & MySQL is best for PHP learning..
canhogiare #5
Member since Jun 2015 · 3 posts · Location: vietnam
oh, a good proposal, I also need one book or to learn deeply about PHP. I've been studying this for quite awhile, but not out anything. thank you
SFITCS #6
User title: Scott Ferguson
Member since Dec 2014 · 366 posts · Location: Canberra, Australia
In reply to post #1
There are so many good books...

In addition to books, and possibly, instead of books (which tend to be: expensive, and out-of-date by the time they are published), it might be good to read these:-
DokuWiki - Security Guidelines for Plugin Authors
The Official PHP Security Manual Note that this site has a very good online, up-to-date, free, guide to developing and learning PHP.
The Open Web Application Security Project - PHP Security Cheat Sheet
PHP Security Consortium - PHP Security Guide
This guide to Writing Secure PHP
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2017-02-21, 06:54:52 (UTC +01:00)