adding existing user to new group
wikirookie #1
User title: The REAL rookie :)
Member since Jan 2007 · 12 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: adding existing user to new group
Hey wikilovers

Is there any way to use the admin feature to add an already registered user to a new group? I need to have one of my users become administrator, and I can't see any obvious way to do it except by editing the table directly in acl.auth.php...

Thanks
zyberdog #2
Member since Oct 2006 · 25 posts · Location: Denmark
There is.

Go to the "Admin" section, then "User Manager". You should see a list of the users on your wiki, if he isn't displayed - enter his username in the filter to find him. To edit details for a user, click the little icon with a pen in front of a man between the checkbox and username. On the lower right you will now see fields to edit the details for that user, including a list of groups the user is in seperated by commas. Write your administrator group there.
wikirookie #3
User title: The REAL rookie :)
Member since Jan 2007 · 12 posts
ah...i didn't realise the icon was clickable  :blush: thanks Zyberdog.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-01-27, 19:02:06 (UTC +01:00)