Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality RSS
We Need the PHPBB3 integration...
djSupport #1
Member since Jun 2009 · 53 posts · Location: Nuneaton - Warwickshire - England
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: We Need the PHPBB3 integration...
We Need the PHPBB3 integration clarifying, the page http://www.dokuwiki.org/tips:integrate_with_phpbb3 is very confusing and messy,

"Note that it does not function any more after the merge of the requireall branch on 2010-03-12. (For an alternative that works, see cafu_phpbb3.) July 2011 - The previous statement is misleading - with the mods listed later on this page, this mod can be made to work."

The previous statement meaning "it does not function any more after the merge of the requireall branch on 2010-03-12." ??
The Cafu_phpbb3 page does not explain much in the way of implementing it, and so I got errors, so I thought "with the mods listed later on this page, this mod can be made to work." I'd try that now which 'mods' are they referring to? again I'd tried to take a guess and it failed again!

Andi I know your a busy man, but is there anyway of re-engineering dokuwiki to work with the original phpbb3 integration instructions again?

PHPBB3 is one hell of a popular forum software I'm sure it would be in your best interests/downloads!

Regards,

Adam - djSupport
djSupport #2
Just a little clarifying!
lupo49 (Moderator) #3
Member since Jul 2009 · 1397 posts · Location: Warstein, Germany
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members, Super Mods
Just for info: Did you bring it with the listed mods to work?
dominik #4
Member since Apr 2009 · 384 posts · Location: Berlin, Germany
Group memberships: Members, Wiki Managers
i'll may take a look at it on wikifest in berlin ... (hopefully)
djSupport #5
I have tested and cleared up the dokuwiki page http://www.dokuwiki.org/tips:integrate_with_phpbb3 so its now 100% clear how to upgrade and make your dokuwiki install still work with phpbb!
Lloyd #6
Member since Mar 2012 · 4 posts
Subject: Problems with the latest integration!
I followed all the steps provide by djSupport on the tips page and got this error in Dokuwiki:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function utf8_strtolower() in /home/arataweb/public_html/wiki/inc/pageutils.php on line 114

I've reverted to the non integrated solution by just removing conf/local.protected.php, and Dokuwiki works again!
Any ideas? Do the user names on the forum & wiki have to match? Both the forum and wiki are at the same level so don't think there's an issue.

How does a new user sign up to the combined entity? If they just sign up to the WIKI will it grant access to phpBB?
(Using Angua & phpBB3)

Ta.
dominik #7
Member since Apr 2009 · 384 posts · Location: Berlin, Germany
Group memberships: Members, Wiki Managers
the trick on phpbb/dokuwiki sso is that dokuwikis auth plugin will use phpbb code to authenticate the user.
this requires to load the phpbb source code.

unfortunately there are some functions with equal names (utf8_).
I think your error is that you removed dokuwikis utf8_ functions and use phpbb's, but phpbb isn't loaded early enough.
Lloyd #8
Thanks for your thoughts dominik

Quote by dominik on 2012-03-31, 11:12:
the trick on phpbb/dokuwiki sso is that dokuwikis auth plugin will use phpbb code to authenticate the user.
this requires to load the phpbb source code.

unfortunately there are some functions with equal names (utf8_).
I think your error is that you removed dokuwikis utf8_ functions and use phpbb's, but phpbb isn't loaded early enough.

- so does that mean I need to ensure all current users of the wiki have their login details etc installed across into phpBB? And how do I ensure phpbb is loaded early enough!?
Lloyd.
Lloyd #9
Subject: More issues with integration
Hi
  I've tried to narrow the problem. If I retain the old utf.php file I get the 'can't redefine' error which suggests the phpBB is defining the functions.

I pondered if this was the first instance, but strtolower is the third function in UTF.php that is redefined using the phpBB adjustment. So I commented out the 'if(!defined.... ') element for strtolower and got an 'can't redefine' error. So it seems phpBB IS defining it, but somehow when called later it shows as 'undefined'?

So seeing it wasn't defining correctly, I checked to see what would happen if I changed "$phpbb_root_path = '../forums/';" to an erroneous path. No change - same error. So that suggests this isn't pointing to the right spot? The two directories are /wiki/ and /forums/ and sit at the same level. I believe the string above is thus correct - but it isn't working.

And could this error log from the phpBB3 directory be the cause?
[03-Apr-2012 16:30:09] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/PDO_SQLITE.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/PDO_SQLITE.so: undefined symbol: php_pdo_register_driver in Unknown on line 0
[03-Apr-2012 16:30:09] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/pdo_sqlite.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/pdo_sqlite.so: undefined symbol: sqlite3_libversion in Unknown on line 0

I loaded a duplicate onto my server (a different installation - php 5.3.8) and after some tweaking it worked fine (just had to make sure the login details were in the Forum database - not the Dokuwiki). At least there it loaded pages - just wouldn't authenticate until I got it right.
On the initial setup (php 5.3.2 - where this needs to be), I just get the UTF undefined error and it won't run Dokuwiki at all!

I'm stumped. Any ideas or do I just give up on integration?

Lloyd.
This post was edited 3 times, last on 2012-04-03, 09:35 by Lloyd.
mandilorian #10
Member since Aug 2012 · 1 post
I tried the phpbb3-dokuwiki integration tips from: https://www.dokuwiki.org/tips:integrate_with_phpbb3 However it does not work.

I'm using phpbb 3.0.10 and dokuwiki 2012-01-25b.

When I log in my forum and go to the wiki, it says:
Permission Denied.
Sorry, you don't have enough rights to continue. Perhaps you forgot to login?

I checked over my edits, and it seems to be in working order. The only thing I wasn't 100% sure of is the forum and wiki location in local.protected.php. My forum and wiki are in subdomains:
forum.domain.com
wiki.domain.com

So I made the root path: $phpbb_root_path = '/home/username/www/forum/';

Still doesn't work, though the wiki shows up. I cannot access anything, though. Could anyone give me some pointers, please? Thanks in advance.  :cool:
djSupport #11
Since “Adora Belle” RC1 I get "Fatal error: Call to undefined method auth_phpbb3::auth_mysql() in /____/___/public_html/wiki/inc/auth/phpbb3.class.php on line 149" any ideas on what could be wrong, this is with the rincewind options in the phpbb3 integrate page
valentin #12
Member since Aug 2011 · 15 posts · Location: Heidelberg
Subject: Need help with integration with phpBB 3.0.11
At http://www.kranios.de/dokuwiki2/ I've made an installation of the older dokuwiki-2012-01-25b.tgz “Angua”. It is working, but I get an error message:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/dokuwiki2/doku.php on line 85: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_pjrd15740gd2ui805p8ghiib90, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13)
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/dokuwiki2/doku.php on line 85: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php/session)

Before I made the changes to implement the auth of phpBB3 I was not getting this message.
Viele Grüße
Valentin
lupo49 (Moderator) #13
Member since Jul 2009 · 1397 posts · Location: Warstein, Germany
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members, Super Mods
Your php installation can not write to the specific paths. This isn't specific related to DokuWiki.
valentin #14
Are you sure? I've got this message after I connected phpBB and Dokuwiki. Before everything was working without errors or warnings.

Can you tell me what I should change or do? Where?
Viele Grüße
Valentin
This post was edited on 2012-10-06, 22:21 by valentin.
valentin #15
I've found a solution: Switching on at php.ini the option "PHP session_save_path" was hiding the warnings/errors.
Viele Grüße
Valentin
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20120620-dev, © 2003-2011 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2014-04-17, 05:56:36 (UTC +02:00)