Forum: General Help and Support Plugins RSS
Discussion Plugin behaviour
PDD #1
Member since Jul 2006 · 77 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Discussion Plugin behaviour
Hi Guys,

I just got the discussion plugin to appear but it would seem that its not working. When I go to enter any text it gives me an error about coComment - why is this?

http://wiki.davidium.net/doku.php/discussiontest

Plus the discussion appears at the end of every page now including the admin sections - is this correct? I thought discussion would only add the discussion option to pages that had the markup on it?

Dave
chi #2
Member since Jun 2006 · 1851 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Members, Super Mods, Wiki Managers
Quote by PDD:
I just got the discussion plugin to appear but it would seem that its not working. When I go to enter any text it gives me an error about coComment - why is this?

If you don`t use coComment you can safely disable it in the configuration section of the blog plugin.

Quote by PDD:
Plus the discussion appears at the end of every page now including the admin sections - is this correct? I thought discussion would only add the discussion option to pages that had the markup on it?

AFAIK this is a known bug in the current discussion plugin release and already fixed in the devel version.

Regards
chi
Please add [SOLVED] to the initial thread subject if you feel your question has been answered.
If my answer doesn't make sense maybe your question didn't either - just visit http://facepalm.org.
esther #3
User title: Esther Brunner
Member since May 2006 · 60 posts · Location: Winterthur, Switzerland
Right, thanks Chi for answering this question!

One little clarification: it's the Discussion Plugin (not Blog Plugin) section of the configuration where to turn off coComments.

By the way: In future versions of the Discussion Plugin coComment comment tracking will be off by default.

-- esther
PDD #4
Subject: Disucssion
Hi Guys,

Thanks a million for the feedback that has worked a treat. Sorry I didn't reply sooner but for some reason I didn't have email notification engaged and I could have sworn I did.

Esther would I be right in saying that in order to modify the appearance of the dokuwiki comments that I would have to edit the style.css file? Is it the div.comment_wrapper section or which section is it?

Regards,

Dave
esther #5
User title: Esther Brunner
Member since May 2006 · 60 posts · Location: Winterthur, Switzerland
Esther would I be right in saying that in order to modify the appearance of the dokuwiki comments that I would have to edit the style.css file? Is it the div.comment_wrapper section or which section is it?

Right. Which class or id you need to change depends on what exactly you want to change. All output of the Discussion Plugin is inside the div.comment_wrapper, as you guessed.

-- esther
PDD #6
Subject: Tutorial
Cool,

Thanks a million esther! Just out of curiosity is there a tutorial on how to customize Discussion. I haven't seen one on your site or anywhere else but maybe there is one in the works?

Dave
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-05-26, 21:43:34 (UTC +02:00)