Forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality RSS
User Profiles
Can not update User's Full Name
skipmcf #1
Member since Mar 2007 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: User Profiles
I'm having a problem (more accurately, one of our users is). They wanted to update their Full Name as it is miss-spelled. They've clicked on the Update Profile button, and make the correction in the Full Name field. They've entered their password and clicked on the Save button. When they go back to their profile, their Full Name is still miss-spelled.

I've gone into my profile and added a letter to my Full Name. When I go into the User Management, I see the added character. When I go back to my profile (by the Update Profile button), the added character is not there. It seems to show up in one location, but not the other.

Anyone have thoughts on this?
chi #2
Member since Jun 2006 · 1851 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Members, Super Mods, Wiki Managers
Show profile · Link to this post
Hi,

I think this is related to this bug [1], the misspelled name is still present in the session cookie, logout and login again should do the trick.

[1] http://bugs.splitbrain.org/?do=details&id=1085
Please add [SOLVED] to the initial thread subject if you feel your question has been answered.
If my answer doesn't make sense maybe your question didn't either - just visit http://facepalm.org.
This post was edited on 2007-03-30, 10:02 by andi.
Edit reason: fixed the link
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-05-25, 05:31:25 (UTC +02:00)