Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout RSS
[SOLVED] How-to : Sidebar & Category for Dokuwiki Angua - Vector template
Page:  1  2  next 
strang3r #1
Member since Dec 2011 · 25 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: [SOLVED] How-to : Sidebar & Category for Dokuwiki Angua - Vector template
Hi, I am very new in wiki stuff. So, please guide this noob with below questions....

1. How can I create a left sidebar menu with category and sub category?
2. How to make a category selection while creating a page?
3. How to change the logo width in vector template?

I liked this template a lot but its completely blank that I get lost in it. So I badly in need of a menu or anything smiler to it.
Thanks in advance.
This post was edited on 2011-12-09, 04:02 by strang3r.
strang3r #2
Someone would be kind enough to reply me please?

And I have another thing to ask which is.. I have found this javascript index in this address http://readm3.org/wiki/start . Can someone please tell me  which plugin did it used?. And is it possible to add it in navigation sidebar?.
Karl_de_Hall #3
Member since Nov 2009 · 122 posts · Location: Schwäbisch Hall
The index is done with this fine plugin: http://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:indexmenu
HTH
Regards
Karl
strang3r #4
Hi karl , Thanks for replying. Can you please kindly tell me how I can add it in my navigation sidebar at left in vector template... it seems not working.
Karl_de_Hall #5
Sorry, can't help You because I'm not using the vector template. I use the standard template plus http://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:sidebarng Maybe there's some information in http://www.dokuwiki.org/template:vector?
HTH
Regards
Karl
strang3r #6
Hi Karl, I have figure it out at end i think but I am having a conflict Id problem. The solution is given below to create an index page and a sidebar page but not in details. can you kindly tell me how or where I can create index page? I have created the sidebar page.

P.S: it looks strange how there is only one person is replying and helping out. but that is a lot for me as someone doing :)

Indexmenu ID conflict

I have in my sidebar the following code

{{indexmenu>..#1| js navbar id#random }}

and I get after saving this message: Indexmenu ID conflict

What's wrong????

The IE also doesn't remember tree state after open a page With Firefox it worksģ

A conflict happens when there are two indexmenu tree with the same ID in a web page. If you're using only one indexmenu with the below syntax then it could be a cache issue. Have you tried with the The tree is not displayed steps? Let's continue this discussion here but, please, next time report bugs in the appropriate bug section. — Samuele Tognini 2008-02-20 17:33
    I forgot to say that this obviously happens when you are editing your site sidebar page, too. In this case you get the same indexmenu object in both page and sidebar and the conflict is detected. — Samuele Tognini 2008-02-25 13:05

Thanks. I have tried it with The tree is not displayed, but with IE indexmenu doesn't remember the tree state after open a page. The theme shows a open directory with the minus but all the tree's are still closed —Werner Stoiber 2008-03-07 14:20

Could you try the development release (after installed, purge the cache following The tree is not displayed steps)? If nothing change, could you send me you site URL so I can test it? If it's not public accessible, a screenshot could help. — Samuele Tognini 2008-03-07 18:34

I've tried the development release. with the same result. I've sent you the screenshot with mail. Thanks Werner —Werner Stoiber 2008-03-19 12:45

It took me some extra explanations from Samuele to get that : ID conflict will always occur as long as sidebar AND index are the same page. To avoid it, make a page for index, and another one for sidebar (even if they have exactly the same content ^_^ ) — NewMorning 2009/02/11 22:45

Or there is a simple solution: add ~~NOCACHE~~ to that sidebar page and the error message will be gone for good.

I don't suggest to use the NOCACHE command for this issue. Without cache your site performace could slow down depending on the amount of you tree pages. Having two differents pages, one for the sidebar and one for index, is faster (becasue of the cache improvements) and more customizable.
Karl_de_Hall #7
My help is just for the standard template with sidebarng-plugin and indexmenu-plugin:
You have a page e.g. "start"
Create a new page "sidebar"
In the configuration for the sidebarng-plugin:
Pagename to use for sidebars: sidebar
Fill the page "sidebar" with a headline and so on.
Play around with the indexmenu-plugin.
Example from my site:
{{indexmenu>namespace_to_be_shown#1|js maxjs#2 tsort nopg navbar nocookie notoc}}.
About the ID-conflict:
I've this problem too when editing and saving the sidebar. Then the content of the sidebar is rendered in the main window. But for me it doesn't matter ...
HTH
Regards
Karl
strang3r #8
thank you so much karl. :)
Its not matter for me too but As for others it could be for my site. so would like to know if there is anyway to totally hide the sidebar namespace from user view and search?
Taggic (Moderator) #9
Member since Jan 2011 · 738 posts · Location: Gilching, Germany
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members
In reply to post #1

open the file: ...\dokuwiki\lib\tpl\vector\static\3rd\vector\main-rtl.css

jump to line 486, where the p-logo is styled
best regards
Taggic
f-con wiki: http://www.fristercons.de/fcon/
Andreas (Moderator) #10
Member since Dec 2009 · 264 posts · Location: Karlsruhe, Germany
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members, Super Mods
open the file: ...\dokuwiki\lib\tpl\vector\static\3rd\vector\main-rtl.css

Please do NOT do this. One should copy the relevant CSS snippet from main-rtl.css into /vector/user/screen.css and modify it to fit the needs afterwards. The place for all user-defined, custom stuff is “vector/user” because this folder will not be touched on updates:
  • "/vector/user/screen.css" makes use of a key CSS feature: the so-called cascade (The first “C” in CSS :-D ). Expressed in simplified terms, CSS rules simply override previous rules affecting the same element. And in some cases where the specificity of your rule is not enough, you may use "!important" to solve such problems (usage example: "p { font-size:1em !important; }").

@strang3r: I will provide some CSS for you ASAP (and list it at "Hacks for /user/screen.css", may also be useful for others).
I'm so electronic I shit bits
This post was edited 3 times, last on 2012-05-04, 07:40 by Andreas.
strang3r #11
@Andreas: would be really helpful :) . please do this.

Edit: thanks to everyone for helping me out through this. This can be drop as Solved now.
This post was edited on 2011-12-09, 04:01 by strang3r.
Andreas (Moderator) #12
@Andreas: would be really helpful :) . please do this.

New hack for "vector/user/screen.css": Wider sidebar / more space for left column. Hope that helps  :-)
jonb #13
User title: Jon B
Member since Oct 2006 · 19 posts · Location: UK
Subject: Wider sidebar hack seems not to work
Hi, I tried the wider sidebar hack for the excellent vector template using angua, and it doesn’t quite work:
It widens the sidebar ok, but it does not shrink the main content part of the page. So the sidebar overlaps with the main content.
I had a look at the screen.css, but couldn't easily see how to fix this. Is there a setting missing in your code snippet?

I literally just added this to my vector/user/screen.css...

/* Give sidebar more space. Default: 10em. */
div#content,
div#head-base,
div#footer {
    margin-left: 12em;
}
div#panel {
    width: 12em;
}
#left-navigation {
    left: 12em;
}

Thanks in advance!
Andreas (Moderator) #14
Nope, should work this way. The margin-left: 12em; for div#content should move the main content area.

Which browser do you use? Any other hack which may overwrite the left margin of div#content?

Is the wiki accessible via Internet? I could estimate the root of problem more easily if I can look at it by myself (use forum PM if you don't want to put the URL here).
jonb #15
User title: Jon B
Member since Oct 2006 · 19 posts · Location: UK
Thanks for your quick reply! Here's an example...

http://www.greenbikers.net/sg.test/doku.php/start

As you can see, the sidebar text and horizontal lines overlap into the "main" page.
Interestingly, the "article" tab has moved across ok.
So it looks like I'm missing something.

Here is the entire contents of my vector/user/screen.css...

/* en: Place for user defined CSS rules (screen media) - this file can safely be
   preserved when updating. See README for details.

de: Ort für benutzerdefinierte CSS-Regeln (screen media) - Diese Datei kann
   beim Durchführen von Updates ohne Risiko beibehalten werden. Konsultieren Sie
   die README für Detailinformationen. */

// Copied from : http://www.dokuwiki.org/template:vector#wider_sidebar_more_space_for_left_column
// BUT: it doesn't work - the main page is not moved over!
/* Give sidebar more space. Default: 10em. */

div#content,
div#head-base,
div#footer {
    margin-left: 22em;
}
div#panel {
    width: 22em;
}
#left-navigation {
    left: 22em;
}

If you need any more info please do not hesitate to ask

Thanks in advance

Jon B
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Page:  1  2  next 
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20120620-dev, © 2003-2011 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2014-04-18, 02:20:04 (UTC +02:00)