Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Community dokuwiki.org RSS
How to receive official Dokuwiki annoucements?
cactux #1
Member since Nov 2009 · 8 posts · Location: Clermont-Ferrand, France
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: How to receive official Dokuwiki annoucements?
Hi,
Is there an official Dokuwiki mailing list to receive important announcements, such as new major releases and security releases?
I had a look there: http://www.dokuwiki.org/mailinglist#announcements_for_new_… but this page is outdated (freashmeat is now freecode), and there is no subscribe link on the destination page.

Thanks for your help, I would really appreciate to receive important announcements from Dokuwiki directly in my inbox, by mail (RSS is not something I'd like to use for that).
Yann
Dokuwiki installations: articles - biblio - astro-web
HansBKK #2
Member since Nov 2011 · 104 posts · Location: Bangkok
I don't have a direct answer to your specific question, but in case you aren't aware, or for others googling this later, there are many services to automate sending emails based on RSS updates, many of them free:

http://www.google.com/search?q=RSS-to-email
andi (Administrator) #3
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3471 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
DokuWiki has a builtin notification for new releases (and security fixes) which is enabled by default. Subscribing to the newsletter will keep you up-to-date on what we're working on and what to expect from future releases.
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
cactux #4
Member since Nov 2009 · 8 posts · Location: Clermont-Ferrand, France
Thank you all for your answers.
So there is no existing and simple way to receive security announcements by email.

I use a lot of open source products, such as PhpMyAdmin, ZenPhoto, Dokuwiki, Phorum, and a few more.
For all of them I try to stay informed of security problems, by email.
I read my mail almost everyday, but I don't visit my Dokuwiki-based sites that often. That's why the builtin notification is not a good solution.
Yann
Dokuwiki installations: articles - biblio - astro-web
lupo49 (Moderator) #5
Member since Jul 2009 · 1399 posts · Location: Warstein, Germany
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members, Super Mods
What about creating a new mailinglist "major/security update news" where only a specific groups of developers could send to?
HansBKK #6
Member since Nov 2011 · 104 posts · Location: Bangkok
I'm not saying this isn't a good idea, but really, having RSS trigger an email is really a trivial and commonly available service from dozens of free third-party sites, why not in the meantime avail yourself of that? There's even ones that will trigger an email based on edits to a page - in your case I would suggest this one http://www.dokuwiki.org/security

Also, if you already subscribe to the mainstream security vulnerability notification services, just set up a filter on the packages you're involved with - anything major involving DokuWiki will show up there, e.g. http://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/det…?vulnId=CVE-2011-2….
HåkanS #7
Member since May 2009 · 85 posts · Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Group memberships: Members, Newsletter Team, Wiki Managers
Release notifications are still sent from freecode (former freashmeat). I've updated the wiki page.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-08-21, 18:02:51 (UTC +02:00)