Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout RSS
Navigation Bar
rbreidenstein #1
Member since Apr 2007 · 3 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Navigation Bar
On my start page (and other pages) I want to put a navigation bar on the left.  I want to use the same navigation bar on multiple pages.  I want to update the navigation bar on all the pages by editing one location.  Is this possible in dokuwiki?

Regards,

Rick
chi #2
Member since Jun 2006 · 1851 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Members, Super Mods, Wiki Managers
Hi,

have a look at http://dokuwiki.org/wiki:tpl:templates. There`re quite a few that offer sidebars based upon normal wiki pages.

Regards
Please add [SOLVED] to the initial thread subject if you feel your question has been answered.
If my answer doesn't make sense maybe your question didn't either - just visit http://facepalm.org.
rbreidenstein #3
Member since Apr 2007 · 3 posts
Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm really not looking to use a template.  I just want to use this nevigation on my start page right now.  and would like to use this idea for others sections that would not be a navigation bar and I would like to display information from another page. 

Is this something that maybe possible?

Rick
mfh #4
Member since Jun 2007 · 3 posts
Quote by rbreidenstein on 2007-04-11, 22:31:
I'm really not looking to use a template.
:-D ! You already do !
cf Wikipedia: template = a pre-developed page layout used to create pages from the same design, pattern, or style.
in DW :
conf/dokuwiki.php:$conf['template']    = 'default';
inc/actions.php:  include(template('main.php'));
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-05-24, 09:44:23 (UTC +02:00)