Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
Login Will Not Process [Solved]
Trevor #1
Member since Mar 2012 · 5 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Login Will Not Process [Solved]
To call myself new at this would be a complete understatement... I am hoping that with some help I can get on my feet.

Basically, I have been given server space (Varnish they say) starting at the end of the string /home/[customfolder]/ to install a wiki on. I have a general understanding of how everything works. However, I lack any form of practical experience and that is where I am getting hung up.

I downloaded DokuWiki and extracted it fine into the public_html server. I was able to get everything set up fine to the point where I could run install.php and go through that process. Now, I don't seem to have root access, so I was instructed to just go with making everything 777 because the system is not shared.

I got to the point where I can see the initial home wiki page fine. I can change its appearance with local.php and when acl is off, basic editing is no problem

However, with acl on, clicking on the "Login" button brings up a perfectly fine login page (with a working registration system and password recovery tool) but after entering correct information, the page simply refreshes back to a non-logged in state. Entering incorrect information will bring up the red denial message, so at least something is happening.

I am wondering whether this is some sort of permission error I didn't find, a acl issue, or even worse some corrupt php hidden somewhere that breaks the command.

Any input/help/suggestions/veiled_laughter/reminiscing_about_the_time_when_you_were_so_nieve(You never were I'm sure!)/etc... is ever so greatly appreciated.

-Trevor
This post was edited 2 times, last on 2012-04-03, 15:58 by Trevor.
Andreas (Moderator) #2
Member since Dec 2009 · 264 posts · Location: Karlsruhe, Germany
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members, Super Mods
Seems that your Login-Session get's destroyed. Does it work when you enable the "Remember me"  checkbox?

Double check the following settings:
I'm so electronic I shit bits
turnermm (Moderator) #3
Member since Oct 2009 · 2325 posts
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members
In reply to post #1
Try putting this in main.php:

<?php
ini_set('error_reporting',E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors',1);
?>

fckgLite (&ckgedit): http://www.mturner.org/fckgLite/
github: https://github.com/turnermm
plugins, templates: http://www.mturner.org/devel
This post was edited on 2012-03-30, 04:59 by turnermm.
Trevor #4
Alright. I did all of the things that were mentioned.

Firstly, I tried accessing the site from other PCs and browsers in order to verify it wasn't just something strange with my set up.  I also went and recursively set everything to 777 (which is no issue on my set-up) to make sure that it wasn't that. Then, I started working away on the suggestions.

Andreas:
Unfortunately, clicking remember me has no effect.

Visually, the site works fine so I don't suspect an issue with basedir or baseurl. The basedir, baseurl and cookiedir are all set to their default settings. I am unsure about the cookedir and may need some assistance or tips on how to verify that cookies are working.

turnermm:
I inserted the code suggested into main.php but no errors were highlighted. Is there a specific place within main.php that that needs to go? Does it need to go within a div? I read through the other post you attached as well. I have not installed anything at all (this is a fresh install up to date and downloaded from dokuwiki just yesterday) so I don't suspect a plugin issue or any issues with modifications I have made. The only changes I have made are to insert the code you suggested, fill out the install.php form, register a user (that seemed to work just fine), and make it so that doku can writes directories and files at 777. I also went through the steps to insert the code to create an error log as suggested in the thread you linked.

As far as the log files go, I used ini_set('error_log',"/path/to/log_file") . Is there a default log file in place to refrence, or can that code just point to a directory where it will create one? Assuming my files for the wiki are all in my public_html folder, would I be able to just set it to there? That is what I tried but no error log was created...

As far as my server's error log is concerned, it has nothing in it except for the permissions errors that showed up when I initially installed (but subsequently dealt with in order to run install.php)

I really appreciate the responses. Thank you very much.
-Trevor
turnermm (Moderator) #5
Member since Oct 2009 · 2325 posts
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members
As far as the log files go, I used ini_set('error_log',"/path/to/log_file") . Is there a default log file in place to refrence, or can that code just point to a directory where it will create one? Assuming my files for the wiki are all in my public_html folder, would I be able to just set it to there? That is what I tried but no error log was created...

That would be where your errors would go.  The 'display_errors' would cause the errors to go to the screen.  Perhaps a string is expected, so try ini_set('display_errors',"1").
Myron Turner
fckgLite (&ckgedit): http://www.mturner.org/fckgLite/
github: https://github.com/turnermm
plugins, templates: http://www.mturner.org/devel
Trevor #6
I have continued to look through everything for a source of the issue but no luck. No errors were displayed on the screen with either of the formats you suggested for display_errors. Still too, no long is being created.

Consider me confused! Thanks again for your help. Much appreciated.
Trevor #7
Alrighty… The culprit was varnish. When it cached the PHP, it destroyed the login session. I have a work around now and all seems to be good.

Thanks so much for the help everyone.
sandyd #8
Member since Jul 2012 · 1 post
Trevor, can you share your workaround? (other than if it simply disables varnish in the wiki pages)
Trevor #9
Sadly I cannot. We haven't got one yet as the site is still in early development.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20120620-dev, © 2003-2011 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2014-04-23, 09:55:34 (UTC +02:00)