Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
[SOLVED] problem after upgrading (indexdir missing)
docflo #1
Member since May 2007 · 5 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: [SOLVED] problem after upgrading (indexdir missing)
I tried to upgrade the dokuwiki installation at http://culturesofcontrol.eu/dokuwiki/ to the new version. I followed the instructions at http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:install:upgrade. I deleted all dokuwiki-files on the server before uploading the new files.
No success: every time I get a message telling me: The indexdir ('index') is missing or not writable. All uploaded files are definitely writable by the server.
I reverted to the old version and it works just fine.
Does anybody have a clue how to get the new version to work?
This post was edited 2 times, last on 2007-05-30, 14:19 by docflo.
francois_sabot #2
Member since May 2007 · 16 posts
Ye sI had the same trouble and it was explicated in the mailing list how to resolve it.
The index directory must be created in the /data/ directory. This index appeared only after the previous release.
docflo #3
Member since May 2007 · 5 posts
I'll try that! Thanks! Maybe I should subscribe to the mailing list...

*edit*
Seems to have done the trick! But now the Upgrade message stays at the top of the page, even though I have made sure that conf/msg has an 8 in the first line.
And in the header it says: <meta name="generator" content="DokuWiki snapshot?" /> instead of the new version number...
This post was edited on 2007-05-29, 16:56 by docflo.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-12-06, 08:47:03 (UTC +01:00)