Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
site export plugin
problem with permissions?
lukenav #1
Member since Jan 2013 · 1 post
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: site export plugin
Hi. I'm a new user of dokuwiki. I've installed "site export" plugin.
Every time I start it I get the following message: "Can't create preload file in 'inc' directory. Template switching is not available. Plugin disabling is not available". So I can't get the zip file containing the offline site.
I tried to change permission to inc directory (set from 755 to 777) and also to a dummy preload.php file that I copy into the directory, but nothing change.
What kind of permission I need? My site was on a hosted server (Aruba) with linux.

Thanks for the help
InWikiVeritas #2
Member since Mar 2014 · 43 posts
No answer for more than two years now... That is very sad. :(

I am runnung "Hrun" (2014-09-29d) and  I just ran into the same problem: no matter what I change persmissions to, the error stays the same. Would be nice if someone could tell us how to solve this problem.
gamma #3
Member since Sep 2006 · 123 posts · Location: Berlin
Changing permissions as per the documentation (and if in doubt defined by the code in preload.php) for the user of the webserver should be sufficient. In addition you should be sure that you can create files using php/dokuwiki.

If all this fails, which I never header of before, try to add debug code to the preload.php file, or create the inc/preload.php with the content:

/* SITE EXPORT *********************************************************** */
    if ( file_exists( DOKU_INC . 'lib/plugins/siteexport/preload.php') ) {
        include_once(DOKU_INC . 'lib/plugins/siteexport/preload.php');
        $siteexport_preload = new preload_plugin_siteexport();
        $siteexport_preload->__register_template();
        $siteexport_preload->__temporary_disable_plugins();
        unset($siteexport_preload);
    }
/* SITE EXPORT END *********************************************************** */
InWikiVeritas #4
Member since Mar 2014 · 43 posts
The directory inc and the file preload.php do exist, and they are provided the needed permissions:

/var/www/dokuwiki $ ls -alF
insgesamt 112
drwxrwx--x  8 www-data www-data  4096 Mär 20 14:20 ./
drwxrwxr-x  4 www-data www-data  4096 Mär 18  2014 ../
drwxrwx--x  7 www-data www-data  4096 Okt  2  2014 inc/

/var/www/dokuwiki $ ls -alF inc/preload.php
-rw-rw---- 1 www-data www-data 6180 Jul 19  2011 inc/preload.php

For clarity, I left out the rest. As you can see, the file and the directory are writeable by the web server's id.

I will try out the code you provided. What exactly does it do, where in the file do I need to put it and where will it write the information needed for debugging?
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-01-27, 20:09:24 (UTC +01:00)