Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout RSS
Move Table of Contents
number6 #1
Member since Jun 2007 · 1 post
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Move Table of Contents
I am having a problem with location of the Table of Contents in my wiki (I'm using the Doogie's Blue template).  The ToC extneds into the text of the first paragraph on all the wiki pages, making a weird right-margin indent, even when collapsed.  My guess is that moving the ToC from the right to the left margin would only move the problem to the left margin as well.  Ideally, I'd like to move the ToC to a side bar (there is a post from traveljunkie last year asking about the same thing, but no responses), or at least to another part of the page so that it doesn't cause formatting problems.

Any and all comments/suggestions appreciated!

Be Seeing You.
Be Seeing You.
shrek69 #2
Member since Jul 2007 · 1 post
Group memberships: Members
Bonjour,

Like number6, i want to move the TOC in the sidebar of my template for example.

In the Changelog of Dokuwiki Release 2007-06-26, there is the line: TOC now can be separated from the content
but i don't see more information in how to play with this...

is there new things arround tpl_content() in main.php

Like number6, Any and all comments/suggestions appreciated!

Merci d'avance.
chi #3
Member since Jun 2006 · 1851 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Members, Super Mods, Wiki Managers
Quote by shrek69:
In the Changelog of Dokuwiki Release 2007-06-26, there is the line: TOC now can be separated from the content
but i don't see more information in how to play with this...

This [1] is the darcs patch which relates to the changelog entry you`ve mentioned. It`s description gives all the information you need. But you have to remove the existing TOC from the content too. I do that in the arctic template by just hiding it with a view lines of CSS and modifying the CSS ids of the self generated TOC to ensure XHTML compliance.

[1] http://dev.splitbrain.org/darcsweb/darcsweb.…?r=dokuwiki…
Please add [SOLVED] to the initial thread subject if you feel your question has been answered.
If my answer doesn't make sense maybe your question didn't either - just visit http://facepalm.org.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-05-23, 05:37:57 (UTC +02:00)