Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Plugins RSS
Creating a plugin to display on EVERY page
gingerprince #1
Member since Jun 2007 · 1 post
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Creating a plugin to display on EVERY page
Hello, I am currently creating a plugin for Dokuwiki to handle attachments to pages in the more traditional sense.

At the moment it is a syntax plugin which handles the {{attachments}} tag which I put at the end of my wiki pages.

What I would like is for the output of the plugin to happen on every page (at the bottom) without needing to specify a tag, such that I will always see my "upload" option even if there are no attachments for that page.

I'm thinking it may be possible with some sort of event plugin (e.g. an event when page is finished rendering?) but don't really know where to start.  Some examples would be really useful.

Thanks, Simon
andi (Administrator) #2
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3423 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Development questions are better placed at the mailing list.

Things that should display on every page belong to the template. Just provide a method in your plugin which can be called from the template.
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-05-26, 17:34:45 (UTC +02:00)