How much pages can the indexmenu handle
hhuitema #1
User title: H2
Member since Dec 2006 · 2 posts · Location: Amsterdam
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: indexmenu performance
Hi,

I'm using Dokuwiki as a documentation tool, as such i have around 750 documents in the hierarchy, and growing.. ;)
The feel of the wiki itself with the indexmenu as a sidebar is at times terrible. When the cache expires any page change (jumping from one page to the other) takes around 20 seconds to load.

Talking to the sysadmins who take care of the physical server, they tell me the server is flatlining. Meaning it's falling asleep.. ;)

I'm using the latest version of the indexmenu, using the optional parameters to not render pages below a certain level. (rendering them on the fly) but somehow i get the feeling it doesn't work. (viewing the souce of the sidebar it says it rendered 750 documents)

Do you guys (and girls) have any experience to troubleshoot the behaviour of the indexmenu to make certain it uses the AJAX functionality to really render on the fly??

Regards,
Herman
hhuitema #2
User title: H2
Member since Dec 2006 · 2 posts · Location: Amsterdam
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
the indexmenu topic on the dokuwiki manual pages shedded some light on my problem, so for information purposes i'm posting it here aswell. (http://wiki.splitbrain.org/plugin:indexmenu#bugs)

"Unfortunatly indexmenu has always to retrive the informations of all sub-pages, this is why it’s slow with a lot of files when cache expires. Max option speeds up only the client browser because it’s related to javascript rendering. I’ll look for an ajax solution, but consider also the good indexmenu2 plugin that it should do what you need. — Samuele Tognini 2007-06-11 17:39 "
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-05-26, 17:37:23 (UTC +02:00)