Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality RSS
[SOLVED] How do I remove the "informative" messages?
undisclosed #1
User title: #!/chris
Member since Jun 2007 · 16 posts · Location: Seattle
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: [SOLVED] How do I remove the "informative" messages?
Greetings,
 I would like to preface this by stating that I think I finally found a solution/combination I can
work with. :) After evaluating some 300+ cms/forum/wiki's, Dokuwiki is the only wiki that actually does
something in a useful way. But before I go and commit myself. I have to state that there is one thing that is
driving me nuts; the "informational" message(s). For example:
This is an index over all available pages ordered by http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki%3Anamespacesnamespaces.
OK these can be useful. But I am familiar enough with it that I no longer want to pollute/clutter the pages
with what are now fore gone conclusions. I mean, at this point, it's kind of like saying:
If you can see this message. It means that you have successfully installed this application. This message can
not be removed. As it is your confirmation of a righteous installation.

OK that was over the top. But I think (hope) you can appreciate what I saying. ;)

I suppose I could whip up a sed script to parse my Dokuwiki hierarchy for the strings and eliminate them.
But was sure there is "knob" somewhere that can retire/change these messages.

Thank you very much for all your time and consideration.

--Chris
This post was edited on 2008-01-09, 23:06 by undisclosed.
chi #2
Member since Jun 2006 · 1851 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Members, Super Mods, Wiki Managers
Hi,

you`ll find all the messages/translations in <dokuwiki>/inc/lang/<language>/, the informational messages are organized in simple textfiles.

HTH
Please add [SOLVED] to the initial thread subject if you feel your question has been answered.
If my answer doesn't make sense maybe your question didn't either - just visit http://facepalm.org.
undisclosed #3
User title: #!/chris
Member since Jun 2007 · 16 posts · Location: Seattle
Group memberships: Members
-->chi
Thank you very much for your quick and helpful response!

All the best to you!

--Chris
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-08-23, 15:30:52 (UTC +02:00)