Forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality RSS
A couple questions about locking [SOLVED]
waltergr #1
Member since Jun 2007 · 39 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: A couple questions about locking [SOLVED]
From

Some pages may be locked... These pages have no edit button, but will instead show a button labeled "Show pagesource".

Is that correct?  I think I recall being able to click Edit on a locked page, and it took me to another page showing who it was locked by and how much time was remaining on the lock.

Also, I haven't been able to test locking on my local install by using 2 different browsers (e.g. FireFox and IE.)  Does DokuWiki think both sessions are the same user?  (Perhaps because the IP is the same?)  I don't have ACLs enabled.

Thanks,

Walter
My e-mail address: waltergr@aol.com
This post was edited on 2007-06-09, 20:25 by waltergr.
andi (Administrator) #2
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3471 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Quote by waltergr:
Some pages may be locked... These pages have no edit button, but will instead show a button labeled "Show pagesource".
Is that correct?  I think I recall being able to click Edit on a locked page, and it took me to another page showing who it was locked by and how much time was remaining on the lock.

No it's not correct. Except the "locked" refers to being nonwritable by ACL or file permissions.

Quote by waltergr:
Also, I haven't been able to test locking on my local install by using 2 different browsers (e.g. FireFox and IE.)  Does DokuWiki think both sessions are the same user?  (Perhaps because the IP is the same?)  I don't have ACLs enabled.

Yes, locks are based on IP or username when available.
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
waltergr #3
Member since Jun 2007 · 39 posts
Group memberships: Members
Thanks!

Walter
My e-mail address: waltergr@aol.com
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-08-23, 15:36:09 (UTC +02:00)