Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality RSS
"Trace" only displays one page
virk #1
Member since Aug 2008 · 644 posts · Location: Aachen, Germany
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: "Trace" only displays one page
In my dokuwiki-installation, the trace-function only display one single page, although I configured 20 in "Number of "trace" breadcrumbs. Set to 0 to disable." Dokuwiki is running on Mac OS 10.8.3. Does anyone have an idea where to look at?

do=check shows the following:

DokuWiki version: Release 2013-03-06 "Weatherwax RC1"
PHP version 5.3.15
More than 32MB RAM (134217728 bytes) available.
Changelog is writable
conf directory is writable
mb_string extension is available and will be used
Your locale C seems not to be a UTF-8 locale, you should fix this if you encounter problems.
Debugging support is disabled
You are currently logged in as hv (Heiner)
You are part of the groups user, admin
Your current permission for this page is 255
The current page is writable by the webserver
The current page is writable by you
The search index seems to be working
DjR #2
Member since Aug 2009 · 10 posts · Location: Edinburgh, UK
I have the identical problem - but no reply to original poster's question? Is anyone able to help?

My system info:
DokuWiki version: Release 2013-05-10 "Weatherwax"
PHP version 5.3.3
[the rest the same as OP]

Thanks for any help with this!
flam #3
Member since Aug 2010 · 178 posts · Location: Aachen
Group memberships: Documentation Team, Members
Hi,

you can find a solution for your problem in the wiki.

flam
DjR #4
Member since Aug 2009 · 10 posts · Location: Edinburgh, UK
@flam - thanks for pointer. Sadly, that doesn't fix it for me. Both logged in and anon users get the "single, current page" trace/breadcrumb.

Any other suggestions? Would be nice to see this working! (You can see how it looks for you.)
andi (Administrator) #5
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3512 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Breadcrumbs are stored in the session. There are three reasons why breadcrumbs might not work:

• your PHP session handler does not work (unlikely, because it would probably throw an error)
  • you have disabled cookies
  • your site is behind a non-behaving caching proxy that ignores cache headers and delivers cached pages where it shouldn't
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
EricH #6
Member since Feb 2010 · 79 posts
Andi can you say anything more about option 3, non-behaving caching proxy, I think this is happening for me.  Trace has always worked in previous installations but I recently hanged the PHP version on my server to 5.3.0 from 5.2.0 due to some errors I was getting.  Changing to 5.3 fixed these errors but Trace does not seem to work any longer.  I am wondering if there is a PHP or server setting I can change related to caching.  I did some digging on my own and changed a few settings to no avail.  I would really like to be able to get this working again on my site.  Thanks for everything!

Sorry I checked my PHP error log and I have the following:

PHP Warning:  session_write_close(): Fail
20140303T074318: www.paddlingabc.com/doku.php
PHP Warning:  session_start(): open(/var/php_sessions/sess_7b72ddb59048e45982733d3be38fb032, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in .../inc/init.php on line 151
PHP Warning:  session_write_close(): open(/var/php_sessions/sess_7b72ddb59048e45982733d3be38fb032, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in ...doku.php on line 81

I suspect that might be it.  Maybe my permissions on the server need to be adjusted.  I will try.

Quote by andi on 2013-08-04, 11:41:
Breadcrumbs are stored in the session. There are three reasons why breadcrumbs might not work:

• your PHP session handler does not work (unlikely, because it would probably throw an error)
  • you have disabled cookies
  • your site is behind a non-behaving caching proxy that ignores cache headers and delivers cached pages where it shouldn't
This post was edited on 2014-03-08, 20:00 by EricH.
turnermm (Moderator) #7
Member since Oct 2009 · 4762 posts · Location: Canada
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members, Super Mods
Make sure /var/php_sessions/ exists and if not create it and make it writable by the web server.
Myron Turner
github: https://github.com/turnermm
plugins, templates: http://www.mturner.org/devel
EricH #8
Member since Feb 2010 · 79 posts
Yea that is my bad.  Called my host and it didn't exist they made a mistake when they updated PHP.  Fixed now!  Sorry for the confusion and dredging up an old post.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-01-27, 20:34:08 (UTC +01:00)