Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
Unintended image rotation
Images come out rotated when they shouldn't
catdude #1
Member since Apr 2019 · 1 post
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Unintended image rotation
I'm using Media Manager to upload and create links to jpg files. If my image files are wider than they are tall, they are shown just fine. If they are taller than they are wide, they appear rotated 90 degrees. I looked through the available config settings and didn't find anything that would explain this.

Did I miss something, or misconfigure something?
pop #2
Member since Nov 2016 · 175 posts
Group memberships: Members
The fault could lie with the images.

Some cameras produce funny metadata for rotated images. Mine, for instance, indicates that the image should be rotated, but the number of pixels given for the width is still greater than the height.

This causes programs to display the image inconsistently. My DokuWiki, for instance, shows the preview for those images in landscape orientation but the full image is shown in portrait orientation, as it should.

I can observe this behaviour with images made with a Leica.
schplurtz (Moderator) #3
Member since Nov 2009 · 469 posts · Location: France, Finistère
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members
In reply to post #1
I guess some of your photos were taken with the camera rotated... jpeg image can include an exif orientation instruction. Obviously, something gets confused by this instruction. See https://forum.dokuwiki.org/thread/14047
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-09-17, 08:45:39 (UTC +02:00)