Forum: General Help and Support Plugins RSS
plugin struct and geodata
cziehr #1
Member since Jan 2011 · 602 posts · Location: 10119 Berlin
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: plugin struct and geodata
Hello everyone,

has anybody already built a functionality to use the struct-plugin for geodata? I don't mind about the input, but how to show the geodata (a point from two coordinates) from a struct schema on a map in the output.

My usecase would be the following:
In our volunteer fire department, we get notifications about construction sites, or to be more precise, which streets are not usable for our fire trucks.
I had the idea to put these notifications in a struct schema, with the dates of start and end of the construction work, the name of the street and a description with some details. On a map, all the construction works should be displayed at the same time. If the end date of the construction work is reached, the entry in the list and the point should disappear without further user interaction.

Has anybody a clue how to start this the best way? I'm a newbie to the struct plugin; I know how to let the entry disappear after the end-date, but I don't know how to bring everything on a map.

I think I would be able to access the sqlite-file and put the points on a leaflet-map with an external PHP-script outside the wiki, but of course it would be better to have everything in DokuWiki :-)

Greetings,
Christoph
pop #2
Member since Nov 2016 · 179 posts
Hi Christoph

I have no ready-made solution for you. However, I think a close look at https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/ might be worthwhile. You could indicate the road obstructions by showing them as POIs, I guess. However, the wiki even mentions a firefighter application.

I would advise against automatically removing the sites upon reaching their due dates. Construction work extending in duration past their planned end dates is not unheard of. Simply showing a list of all projects that are supposed to be complete seems much more reliable to me.
andi (Administrator) #3
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3474 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
See also https://github.com/cosmocode/dokuwiki-plugin-struct/issues…
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
cziehr #4
Member since Jan 2011 · 602 posts · Location: 10119 Berlin
Thank you for your replies.

We are using openstreetmap for many years now. I was really active in the osm-community a time ago, but now I‘m more active in the DokuWiki-community ;-)

I think it is more complicated to integrate spatial information into DokuWiki than I thought. I think the easiest solution would be to use DokuWiki for the input of the data, and show the information on the map with another tool.

Greetings,
Christoph
courtland #5
Member since Mar 2015 · 96 posts · Location: USA
Just to add to the fire (pardon the pun cziehr) but I had a similar request, that looked promising for a work around. See here at https://forum.dokuwiki.org/thread/14361

How about a wiki page for information of the road closure, a pin would be displayed on the map when pin is clicked the user is taken to the wiki page. Can a wiki page expire?
Courtland
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-09-23, 16:09:43 (UTC +02:00)